Summer Solstice Arrives

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hildegard of Bingen and Spring

As tomorrow brings us the festival of Imbolc and the looking towards Spring in the Celtic Calendar, I was delighted to find the following writing of the German mystic Hildegard of Bingen (tenth century)
I am the breeze that nurtures all things green.
I encourage blossoms to flourish with ripening fruits.
I am the rain coming from the dew
That causes the grasses to laugh
with the joy of life.

The day is clear and cool, but I had another wonderful walk and found some of nature starting to show signs of shaking off Lord Winter...(but I am sure he will visit us again at least once or twice before the Equinox). Herewith some pictures:


Beannachaidhe (Blessings in Gaelic)

Duncan


No comments:

Post a Comment