Summer Solstice Arrives

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Harper's Healing Prayer




A couple of years ago, I decided to adapt the well-known Prayer of St. Francis for those of us who play the harp in thereapuetic and healing modalities. I offer it here with the hope that other harpers might find it of worth in their healing professions.



Peace Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me a harper of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.

Where there is distress, harmony.
Where there is discomfort, rest.
Where there is unease, quiet.
Where there is anxiety, calm.

O Divine Spirit, let my music be a blessing,
a comfort, a place of refuge,
And above all, a granting of balm to the spirit and
an easement of bodily distress.


Modified by J. Duncan Saunders
16 April 2007


Beannachaidhe,


Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment